Tuesday 6-8pm Class Starts September 1st. Sign up now!
2 spots open – priority to former class members.
Next Tuesday class will be at the end of October.
Saturday 2-4pm Class starts at the end of September
Contact us for more info
We offer 6 person, 8 week classes. Grab a friend and come learn how to throw pottery. Please stop by the store, email us or call for details.
Beginning and Intermediate potters welcome
What to Expect
Classes are adjusted to your learning needs. If you are a beginner or experienced, instruction is provided for your level. Our classes are a mix of levels of students, which encourages a cooperative learning environment.
Beginners: We provide a walk-through tour to acquaint you with our studio. The first day of class there will be a throwing demo and clean up process instruction prior to your first class. It will help familiarize you with our studio and what you can expect to learn your first day. Most students complete 5 to 10 items during the 8 week session.
Intermediate: If you have done pottery before, we may place you in the Intermediate category. If you are a intermediate potter you can join our mixed classes for $125. You will be responsible for clay and firing fees.
At this time, we regret that we are unable to accept students less than 15 years of age, although we do reserve the right to make exceptions.
Remember that pottery is a process—patience and perseverance are helpful. The difficult part is getting over that initial muscle memory process. If you are patient, have fun with learning, and keep trying, you’ll enjoy pottery for a lifetime.
Class Information and Costs
- A eight-week class for new students is $165.00. Returning beginner II students pay $165 while Intermediate students pay $125 plus firing and clay fees. If you have questions about which level you are, please feel free to ask.
- Tuition is to be paid before class starts.
- A $25 deposit is required to hold your spot.
- Students also get free studio time during regular store hours for the 8-week session.
- Beginner class includes glazes and firing of up to 20 items (equivalent to 6″x6″x6″ items). Extra firing fees will apply for more than 20 items.
- Please wear appropriate clothing (it’s messy), and bring a towel. Trim your fingernails and tie back long hair.
- Students at the end of the session can finish up their items in progress (i.e., trimming, glazing and firing) at a cost of $5 an hour for studio time.
Three students is the minimum number to have class. Classes will proceed unless minimum is not met.
We realize that sometimes you may have to miss a class. You may be able to make up your missed time by joining another class as long as space is available, only within the current session.
In the event that a class is canceled, students will have the option of transferring to another class or having their registration fee refunded. A $25 cancellation processing fee will be withheld for dropping a class or rescheduling less than 2 weeks before the first day of class. No refunds or credits will be given for missed classes or class withdrawals after the class session has begun.